Kitchen Corner

November 27, 2008

Pumpkin Cheese Buns

It's always the busiest time for me at this time of year. Dinner, birthday party, holiday and X'mas really filled up my entire day. Somehow, I always enjoy the last two months in a year. This pumpkin cheese buns was made in the last 2 weeks but I didn't manage to post it.
The recipe extracted from 孟老师的100道面包. The bread was super soft and I guess that pumpkins puree helps to produce the extra soft texture.
Recipe:
(A) 200g bread flour
60g plain flour
35g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
35g whole egg
35g fresh milk
35g water
(B) 65g pumpkin puree
20g unsalted butter
(C) 90g cheddar cheese
50g mozzarella cheese for toppings
How I made it:
  1. For the pumpkin puree, peeled and cored the pumpkin then cut into small cubes. Steam until just soft. Puree the pumpkin with a folk then set aside.
  2. Mix ingredients (A) at low speed using a dough hook mixer follow by the pumpkin puree. Turn to medium speed continue kneading until it become a smooth dough.
  3. Add in the unsalted butter and knead with low speed until the butter combine with the dough. Turn to medium speed continue the kneading process until it become a smooth and elastic dough.
  4. Place the dough into a lightly grease bowl and cover with cling wrap to proof for 80 minutes.
  5. Divide the dough into 6 portions and round them into small balls. Then fill the doughs with cheddar cheese and shape it into a smooth balls. Let the dough proof for 30 minutes.
  6. Egg wash the doughs and cut a cross at the top of each doughs then top with mozzarella cheese. Continue for another 10 minutes proofing.
  7. Bake at 180'C preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

6 comments:

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

How I wish I can have a bite of your Pumpkin Cheese Bread. It sure taste nice, I'm drooling now. I love pumpkin. However, my family dislike pumpkin and yam so I seldom used them. :(

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Happy Flour,
I personally don't like pumpkin very much but I like it color as it could produce a pretty color for any dessert or bread. However, you won't taste pumpkin from this bread as the smell of cheese is very strong. Furthermore, the pumpkin puree produced a very soft texture for the bread. Let's try it. Happy Baking!

Anonymous said...

When do you add in the pumpkin puree? Together with the butter?
Thanks,
Maysie

Kitchen Corner said...

Hi Maysie,
Sorry that I forgot to mention to add the pumpkin puree in the process. The pumpkin puree should add in right after the ingredients (A).

chuany said...

hai KC, today i made this, n wow, really soft with orange color, so nice, thx for sharing ^___^. here mine, hopefully this link not broken. http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs146.snc3/17360_1347814532249_1137880303_1563102_4216623_n.jpg

piggypiggy said...

Love this recipe!